Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Running Start at GAC: Box Loader and Packs 1-4

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
From Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll


Or, perhaps it's just time to talk of Ginter! The wax ripping and card sorting of our various A&G 2013 purchases has been a thrill in the Kalmoe household, and now I get to work on the scoring for my GAC box. I seem to have lucked into something particularly nice with this box - pre-opening pack count revealed an extra pack! Those extra 8 cards just might be what puts me over the top for my goal, or even the contest at large. I'm excited to find out! Let's get things started with...

The Box Loader - Miguel Cabrera +8

Running Total: 8

Continuing on with Pack 1:

Jered Weaver
Jacoby Ellsbury
Andre Dawson
Chris Sale
Aroldis Chapman
Robin Yount SP (#322) +2
Palaces and Strongholds: Peterhof Palace +3
Black Bordered Mini: Shelby Miller +3

Pack Total: 8

I loved finding the Peterhof Palace in this pack. St. Petersburg is the only location in Russia that I have any wish to visit, and Peterhof Palace is one of the things I would like to see. This is what I love about this product. :)

Running Total: 16

Pack 2:

Jon Lester
Anthony Rizzo
Bronson Arroyo
Tony PĂ©rez
Early Wynn
Avisail Garcia SP (#314) +2
Civilizations of Ages Past: Sumerians +3
(Mini) Jason Motte

Pack Total: 5

Running Total: 21

Pack 3:

David Ortiz
Cal Ripken Jr.
Phil Niekro
Jason Heyward FP +2
Across the Years: Bob Gibson +2
Relic: Rafael Furcal +10
A&G Ad Back Mini: Chad Billingsley +2

Pack Total: 16

Running Total: 37

Pack 4:

Matt Holliday
Alex Cobb
Nelson Cruz
Jose Bautista
Ian Desmond
George Brett SP (#317) +2
Civilizations of Ages Past: Greeks +3
Black Bordered Mini: Carlos Beltran +3

Pack Total: 8

Running Total: 45

These packs have been generous with the inserts, and that relic helped set me off on the right foot. Dare I mention how nice it was to side-step any point losses this round? My goal for score is at least 200 points, and it seems I'm well on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment