Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

About Me

My name is Faith, and I'd like to invite you to join me as I begin a journey in my own little corner of the Internet.
I married a wonderful, loving man named Ryan over three years ago, in January 2010. He is a daily inspiration to me and is very good at keeping me grounded and secure. Currently working as a manager for the Union Pacific Railroad, he also enjoyed a four and a half year stint in the United States Navy, serving as an Officer aboard a surface ship, which ended in December of 2011. These experiences have taken us from the small college town in Minnesota where we met all the way to Sasebo, Japan, and then on to sunny Southern California (San Diego, to be precise). Together, we face life's challenges, adventures, joys and sorrows with a reliance on our Creator's providence. Even on our darkest days, we find our hope in Him.
Today, we find ourselves living in Des Moines, Iowa, a gem of a city amid the farming wasteland that we'd imagined Iowa to be and a wonderful counterpoint to our previous experiences of living in a city. Here, Ryan spends his days working as our provider, and I do my absolute best to support him in this vocation and to keep things on an even keel at home. In all of this, we try each day to find our joy in the small things - a home cooked meal, walking our dog on a beautiful evening, the delightful aroma of fresh baked goods. Lately, with summer in full swing, and the release of Ryan's absolute favorite trading card product, finding our joy often involves the popular American pastime of baseball. In addition to considering baseball his favorite sport (with football a close second!), Ryan is an avid baseball collector and hobbyist, and I am doing my best to learn as much as I can so that we can enjoy the hobby together.
In this, my little corner of the world wide web, I hope to record my experiences of those affairs under the heavens that have each their appointed time. So, once again, I invite you to join me on this journey through the times for joy and times for sorrow. Through the times for mourning and for dancing. It's sure to be quite a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment